Tuesday, November 3, 2009

State of the Planet




The State of the Planet is a very creative poem and fun poem to read. This Robert Hass poem gave me some trouble my first and second time reading I read it. But finally on my third time reading and taking a minute to think back on it, I got an idea of what the author was trying to get accross. Atleast i hope it was what he was trying to say in the poem. The author was to tell us that all life is actually like a dream, meaning that there is a beginnig and a end for everyone. As the author said in the poem, "It is easy for us to feel that our lives are a dream". The way the Author talks makes it kinda obvious to me that he is not a religious person, "we know we're going to die, to be submitted to that tingling dance of atoms once again". I think he is trying to say that of course everyone is going to die, but when we do die and get burried our bodies are just going to disolve back into the atoms that formed us.
At first this article was tough for me to understand, but once it started making sense I found it to be very interesting. I do not agree with the authors views in the story, but I liked the story a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment