Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reading to the pond

After reading Joel, my favorite lines were;

The Lord roars from Zion, And utters his voice from Jerusalem, And the heavens and the earth tremble But the Lord is a refuge for his people And a stronghold to the sons of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord your god, Dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain So Jerusalem will be holy, And the strangers will pass through it no more.

This part of the text stood out the most from the others while I was reading. I don’t know what it was that really caught me, so I read it over and over again. After a couple times reading this part of the passage, I came to conclusion that I liked this so much because it shows the power of the Lord. I know this is going to sound different to a lot of people but in a sense I visualized the Lord as a lion. Just as a lion roars to show his power and to show the others that he is the king of all. I know it funny thinking the Lord as a lion but it was just the first thing came to my mind. For me, reading this and thinking about how close we are to this coming to fulfillment and trying to picture what it would be like was crazy. This was a fun passage to read and it helped me a lot to read it out load at the lake. Doing this helped me actually take in all the passage was saying and get the whole message.

No comments:

Post a Comment